1. Lai WW, Mertens LL, Cohen MS, Geva T. Echocardiography in pediatric and congenital heart disease: from fetus to adult. USA: John Wiley & Sons; 2015.
2. Corrado D, Pelliccia A, Heidbuchel H, Sharma S, Link M, Basso C, et al. Recommendations for interpretation of 12-lead electrocardiogram in the athlete. Eur Heart J 2010 Jan;31(2):243-59.
3. Maron BJ, Levine BD, Washington RL, Baggish AL, Kovacs RJ, Maron MS, et al. Eligibility and disqualification recommendations for competitive athletes with cardiovascular abnormalities: Task force 2: Preparticipation screening for cardiovascular disease in competitive athletes. Circulation 2015;132(22):e267-e72.
4. Maron BJ, Haas TS, Murphy CJ, Ahluwalia A, Rutten-Ramos S. Incidence and causes of sudden death in U.S. college athletes. J Am Coll Cardiol 2014 Apr 29;63(16):1636-43.
5. Harmon KG, Zigman M, Drezner JA. The effectiveness of screening history, physical exam, and ECG to detect potentially lethal cardiac disorders in athletes: a systematic review/meta-analysis. J Electrocardiol 2015;48(3):329-38.
6.Thompson PD. Preparticipation screening of competitive athletes: seeking simple solutions to a complex problem. Circulation 2009 Mar 3;119(8):1072-4.
7. Ma JZ, Dai J, Sun B, Ji P, Yang D, Zhang JN. Cardiovascular pre-participation screening of young competitive athletes for prevention of sudden death in China. J Sci Med Sport 2007 Aug;10(4):227-33.
8. Salehi S, Moradi Shahpar F, Norouzi G, Ghazalian F, Poursaid Esfehani M, Abedi Yekta AH. Prevalence of cardiovascular disorders among Iranian elite athletes. Asian J Sports Med 2016 May 11;7(2):e35826.
9. Maron BJ, Friedman RA, Kligfield P¸ Levine BD, Viskin S, Chaitman BR, Okin PM, et al. Assessment of the 12-lead ECG as a screening test for detection of cardiovascular disease in healthy general populations of young people (12-25 Years of Age): scientific statement from the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology. Circulation 2014 Oct 7;130(15):1303-34.
10. Steinvil A, Chundadze T, Zeltser D, Rogowski O, Halkin A, Galily Y, et al. Mandatory electrocardiographic screening of athletes to reduce their risk for sudden death proven fact or wishful thinking? J Am Coll Cardiol 2011 Mar 15;57(11):1291-6.
11. Campbell RM, Berger S, Drezner J. Sudden cardiac arrest in children and young athletes: the importance of adetailed personal and family history in the pre-participation evaluation. Br J Sports Med 2009 May;43(5):336-41.
12. Drezner JA, Ackerman MJ, Cannon BC, Corrado D, Heidbuchel H, Prutkin JM, et al. Abnormal electrocardiographic findings in athletes: recognising changes suggestive of primary electrical disease. Br J Sports Med 2013 Feb;47(3):153-67.
13.Estes NA 3rd, Link MS. Preparticipation athletic screening including an electrocardiogram: an unproven strategy for prevention of sudden cardiac death in the athlete. Prog Cardiovasc Dis 2012 Mar-Apr;54(5):451-4.
14. Farahani B, Poursaeid Esfahani M, Abbasi MA, Moradi F, Abbasi A. Prevalence of different electrocardiographic patterns in Iranian athletes. Acta Med Iran 2012;50(8):560-4.
15. Somauroo JD, Pyatt JR, Jackson M, Perry RA, Ramsdale DR. An echocardiographic assessment of cardiac morphology and common ECG findings in teenage professional soccer players: reference ranges for use in screening. Heart 2001 Jun;85(6):649-54.
16. Menafoglio A, Di Valentino M, Segatto JM, Siragusa P, Pezzoli R, Maggi M, et al. Costs and yield of a 15-month preparticipation cardiovascular examination with ECG in 1070 young athletes in Switzerland: implications for routine ECG screening. Br J Sports Med 2014 Aug;48(15):1157-61.
17. Fudge J, Harmon KG, Owens DS, Prutkin JM, Salerno JC, Asif IM, et al. Cardiovascular screening in adolescents and young adults: a prospective study comparing the Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Monograph 4th Edition and ECG. Br J Sports Med 2014 Aug;48(15):1172-8.
18. Rodday AM, Triedman JK, Alexander ME, Cohen JT, Ip S, Newburger JW, Parsons SK, et al. Elelctrocardiogram screening for disorders that cause sudden cardiac death in asymptomatic children: a meta-analysis. Pediatrics 2012 Apr;129(4):e999-1010.
19. Steriotis AK, Nava A, Rigato I, Mazzotti E, Daliento L, Thiene G, et al. Noninvasive cardiac screening in young athletes with ventricular arrhythmias. Am J Cardiol 2013 Feb 15;111(4):557-62.
20. Basavarajaiah S, Wilson M, Whyte G, Shah A, McKenna W, Sharma S. Prevalence of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in highly trained athletes: relevance to pre-participation screening. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008 Mar;51(10):1033-9.
21. Mayer F, Bonaventura K, Cassel M, Mueller S, Weber J, Scharhag-Rosenberger F, et al. Medical results of preparticipation examination in adolescent athletes. Br J Sports Med 2012 Jun;46(7):524-30.
22. Halabchi F, Seif-Barghi T, Mazaheri R. Sudden cardiac death in young athletes; a literature review and special considerations in Asia. Asian J Sports Med 2011 Mar;2(1):1-15.
23. Magalski A, McCoy M, Zabel M¸ Magee LM, Goeke J, Main ML, et al. Cardiovascular screening with electrocardiography and echocardiography in collegiate athletes. Am J Med 2011 Jun;124(6):511-8.